Ftp Help Please

Robyn

I was trying to use the FTP functions. They work fine for a basic application where I know the file name on the remote server. However, what happens if I don't know the exact file name or I know only part of it and I need to find the exact name to put into FTP.strRemoteFile? What if I want to search the files that are there to find the latest one by date?

I would appreciate your help here. Until I can get a bit more flexibilty in what I am trying to do I am stuck

Thanks

DAQFactory was never designed to be a full FTP client. It simply does upload and download and does not offer any sort of directory retrieval or the like as you describe. For that, I would consider trying to use system.shellExecute() to run the command line ftp program, piping the result to a text file that you could the read using the File. functions. It wouldn't be super easy, but is probably do-able if you are reasonably comfortable at writing code.

• 1 month later...

Cool, thanks for the posting the link. Looks like an interesting product. Plus you can use sFTP or other more secure protocol instead of the open text FTP. I wonder why the Mac version of that product is so much cheaper than the PC version?

Archived