Page.capture Freezing Daqfactory

KenG

I have a script that does 12 page captures. randomly about once every 8-10 times the script is executed DaqFactory freezes up. When it freezes the first file name is created but the file size is always zero.

This is the page.capture that seems to be locking up.

page.Capture("Chart+ValuesAuA+ValuesTemperature-130,0,1130,770",filename +"-AuA.jpg")

I am using version 5.90 build 2126.

I will need to make a small example .ctl.  I have been playing around and the problem seems to be related to network file locations. I have not crashed when file name was on the local computer only when on our network.

Well, that's certainly a possibility.  Windows networking is weird, or at least is on many versions.  If you browse to a network resource that isn't there, or can't be reached, the system will hang for 45 seconds or more while it tries to find it.  The problem is that if you do this in DAQFactory, especially from the main thread, the hang carries into DAQFactory and DAQFactory appears hung.  This is a Windows issue, not a DAQFactory issue and there is nothing we can do about it.  You can see this by firing up Windows Explorer and typing in a resource that doesn't exist, say:

\\128.1.5.10\c

It appears maybe Windows has fixed this issue in win7x64, but I'm not 100% sure.  I know it was a big problem in XP.

The Location is always reached. Every time it locks up the first page capture has created the .jpeg file with zero bytes.

I started testing only on my local drive and thought it was working better but it still locks up. I have not been able to narrow down the cause yet.

Archived