Function To Determine Linear Trend On Portion Of An Array

cadcoke5

I am looking for a function to help me determine when a changing temperature has nearly stopped changing, and ideally to predict when that will happen.  The "Trend" term in DAQFactory seems to only refer to graphing data vs. time.  But, in this case, it relates more to the trend functions in Excel.  Here is a segment from the slope function in the Excel manual,

Slope

The Slope function returns the slope or gradient of the linear regression line through data points in Known_Y’s and Known_X’s.

eg: =SLOPE(Known Y values, Known X values)

Attached is an image to help illustrate it.

There are also similar Excel functions that work with Exponential and Logarithmic functions.  Here is a link to a great discussion of them;

http://chandoo.org/wp/2011/01/26/trendlines-and-forecasting-in-excel-part-2/

My efforts to find these things in DAQFactory have failed.  I don't know if my own terminology is to blame, or they simply aren't there. If these sorts of functions are not there, I am sure they can be coded in a script. Since I am still learning the DAQFactory environment, I am trying to avoid doing too many new things.  So, I was hoping there may be an on-line collection of Scrips somewhere that I can search. This might be either from the staff, or created by users.

Are there Slope, or Exponential trend functions?

Does a collection of scripts exist?

-Joe

post-9190-0-75650400-1392389438_thumb.pn

There are some advanced analysis functions available.  They are described in section 4.12.17.  Most can be implemented from script and the menu (Tools -> Analysis), some, like non-linear curve fitting are only available from the menu.  Note that you must have DAQFactory Standard or higher to have access to these functions.  You can, of course, always script up your own curve fit routines.  A linear curve fit doesn't require much math.

Archived