Opening File From Command Line Fails

burt4munger

I have a main version of a ctl file using the latest 5.90 new compiler version on a windows 7x64 computer.  I open this file using a shortcut with command line file name and a few flags; it works fine.  I make a copy of this file, change it's name, and use a shortcut with the daqfactory.exe path and the ctl path of the renamed file (in the same folder) and two command line flags, and when it opens it states that it was created by a newer version, and is reverting to a blank document.  However, if I open DaqFactory from start menu and select the renamed ctl file to open, it works fine (having hard wired the command line flags to local variables).  Maybe an issue with two flags on the command line? 

I had also asked a question (which the search seems not to find now) about disabling the new version from opening a sequence window with a right-click in the workspace, since left click will do that if I want, and if I want to watch what happens in a main page when I start a sequence I always have to change back to it from the sequence window that appeared when I right clicked and did start sequence.  From my perspective, I'd say this isn't a feature...

Most likely you have two copies of DAQFactory and things are pointing to different versions?  Also try without the command flags.  Note also that usually in Windows the flags have to be before the .ctl doc in the shortcut.

As for the other post, it's here somewhere.  I remember responding to it.  The change was made to help with components in the workspace and this caused the issue you reported with sequences.  That has been reverted and the latest release on the website should have that fixed.

This is one of those DOH! moments.  I did make a copy of the daq exe so I could see which version I was going to kill in the process manager, so the imager shortcut was pointing to the wrong version.  I hate it when error messages are actually right....  I still have the page.capture isolated to its own file since if it has difficulties it will interfere with the rest of the program doing its control tasks.  Anyway all good now.  The flags come at the end of the line and seem to work fine there.

Archived