Looped Execute Statements Are Intermittent

jrbusch

Hi,

I am using a sequence to update some component parameters on a page. Basically there is a button to toggle the page between showing data from channels 1 to 20 or data from channels 21 to 40.

The button runs this sequence:

if(alarmPage == 1)
   alarmPage = 2

for(i=1, i<21, i++)

// Update RIU Names
      execute("component.RIU"+i+"_NAME.strExpression= 'registry.strRIU"+i+"'")
      execute("component.RIU"+i+"_NAME.strVisible = '~registry.L1_RIU"+i+"_Show_hide_RIU'")

// Update Alarm Low/High
      execute("component.RIU"+i+"_LOW.strExpression = 'Var.alarm"+i+"low'")
      execute("component.RIU"+i+"_HI.strExpression = 'Var.alarm"+i+"high'")

endfor

else
   alarmPage = 1

for(i=1, i<21, i++)

// Update RIU Names
      execute("component.RIU"+i+"_NAME.strExpression= 'registry.strRIU"+(i+20)+"'")
      execute("component.RIU"+i+"_NAME.strVisible = '~registry.L1_RIU"+(i+20)+"_Show_hide_RIU'")

// Update Alarm Low/High
      execute("component.RIU"+i+"_LOW.strExpression = 'Var.alarm"+(i+20)+"low'")
      execute("component.RIU"+i+"_HI.strExpression = 'Var.alarm"+(i+20)+"high'")

endfor
endif

I am finding that when I press the toggle button, about half of the time it functions properly, but the other half of the time, some of the parameters are just not updated. This seems completely random and can vary from just one single parameter not updating to 3/4 of them not updating.
It seems like sometimes some of the execute statements are not completing for some reason.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

I'm assuming that's not all the sequence and you have i declared somewhere.

Do you get any alerts in the command / alert?  Does it stop half way, or is the update random?  i.e. do components 1-8 update but not 9-20, or is it more random?

Archived