Losing Network Drive.

sipower

Hello

Hope you can help. I have set up a network drive and made a folder with full permissions. Page capture from a sequence works perfectly with jpg's transferred to the drive, logging works just as well with csv files transferring to the drive. Odd thing is if the drive is disconnected and reconnected the page capture jpg's re-sync without problem but the logging csv's give and error, the paths are identical and I have also tried mapping the drive to the Daq machine without success, stopping and restarting the logging set does not help, the only way I have found to restart the transfer is to delete and re-create the logging set. Is there a difference in the way capture and logging utilise network drives ?.

Thans for you help.

Up until 5.90.9, logging sets would keep the file open at all times. even when the logging set is stopped.  It would only close the file if the file name changed or you restarted DAQFactory.  This was left over from way back when DAQFactory first started and computers were a lot slower.  The problem you are seeing is that likely DAQFactory isn't recognizing that it needs to close the file and reopen it.  Again, when DAQFactory was young, USB thumb drives weren't really readily available.

Anyhow, there are several solutions:

1) rename the logging file name to some junk name ("c:\daqfactory\junk") while the logging set is running, then about 2 seconds later, set it back to the thumb drive

2) upgrade to 5.90.9, though you should probably hold off upgrading if you are using 5.87 and this is the only reason to upgrade (i.e. try #1 first).

Archived