Can Not Delete Dds Device

thuatnguyenbk

Hi admin, i has a problem, please help me....

I was create "ab" devices and save it as "a.dss" file (please prefer two attached picture). And i don't want to use it. How can i delete it?

I tried to delete file "a.dds" but DAQ still load it to the list of devices when creating channels.

Thanks alots

post-9195-0-57733300-1417451792_thumb.pn

post-9195-0-86288600-1417451963_thumb.pn

Deleting a.dds deletes the protocol, but it doesn't delete the device you created ("ab") with that protocol.   For that, go to Quick - Delete Comm Device from the DAQFactory main menu.  You'll need to be in Safe mode first, go to File - Switch To Safe Mode.

Ahh, you don't have a comm device, you have a user device.  Unfortunately, you can't delete it, other than removing the dds.  But it will still show up in the list for that .ctl document.  You have two choices:

1) start a new document, making sure cmas.dds doesn't exist

2) run with this document and don't worry about it.  Having it there won't do anything unless you actually reference it from a channel.  You could, also, delete all the code manually and leave a shell of a driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi admin, the help document in daqfactory say that:

"Tip: If you would like to remove a device from the list of possible devices displayed when creating Channels, simply rename (or delete) the .dds file associated with the device(s) you would like to remove to something without a .dds extension.  DAQFactory only loads devices with a .dds file associated with them." - 17.1 Device Overview

What does this mean, maybe some thing wrong with .dds file? is it take long time to create new document ctrl? My ctrl file is almost completely :(. I only want to clean something not useful.

Many thanks.

It means if you create a new doc it won't appear if the .dds is gone. However once you save a doc, the driver shows up in the list even though the dds is deleted. That said you shouldn't worry about it. Just because its in the list doesn't mean its used. In fact if the .dds file is missing you'll see an error if you try and use it. Since you aren't actually using it (ie in a Channel or through script) it doesn't matter that it still appears.

Archived