External Input Output

sipower

Hi Guru

Just in case this is ground you have gone over before can you tell me if there is a simple way for DaqFactory to interact with a program running on the same machine written in say visualbasic.net. Could a DaqFactory sequence respond to or change a variable in another program ?. I thought of reading or writing to a registry variable or reading or writing to a very simple file that can be read from visual basic. This would also allow me to update a Windows Gadget desktop display by modifying the value in the HTML file that creates a gadget allowing me to view selected Daq data when using other programs Ie; Daq in the background.

Thanks for your support.

Yes, there are a number of methods.  You descibed a few.  You could also write your application as a DLL and then load it into DAQFactory using extern().  Or you could make your software an ethernet server and have DAQFactory connect to it over localhost (128.0.0.1) and come up with your own protocol for communicating.  I would avoid registry variables as they run into Windows security a lot.

Archived