Objects

CH2014

Hi,

Instead of creating multiple pages I have started to use objects and just a single screen template page. The template page is basically a table containing rows of sensors. I can set up the sensor readings okay using the "Variable Value Component" and referencing e.g. currentObject.LevelSensorReading01 in the expression but I can't figure out a straight forward way of the showing text descriptions for each sensor using strings within an object. Is there any way of using something like currentObject.LevelSensorDesc01 (i.e. a string) within a "Text Component" . I have thought of a long winded way using "Descriptive Text Component" whereby I have to give each sensor a unique number and the threshold of the "Descriptive Text Component" determines the Text to display.???

Just use a Variable Value component.  It can display numbers or strings.  The Text Component is for when you a have fixed text strings that corresponds to a number, like 0 for Off, 1 for On.  When you just want to display the contents of a string variable you just use the Variable Value component.

Thanks. I did actually try the "Variable Value Component" but because I failed to put the word "string" in the class sequence it failed to work and I gave up on the "Variable Value Component" thinking that it was numbers only. Thanks for your quick answer and solution. Its know working great :)  

Archived