Transferred DAQFactory to new computer- odd error...

brianw

I had the company's version of DAQFactory on my laptop and tried to transfer it to the communal lab computer (after uninstalling on my laptop). After getting the software key transferred over I tried to run one of the existing .ctl files on the new machine to no avail. The message "Tried to call a function on something that is not a function" kept popping up in the command/alert window and that was that.

.ctl file in question attached.

Does anyone have any input out there?

Thanks

pumpcontrol_c.ctl

I tried loading the file and it worked fine, though I had to change the channels to test.  Does it display that error right from the start, or only after you click on some point or other?  Also, what release of DAQFactory are you running?

It happens immediately.

It turns out I hadn't installed the right drivers on the new PC to interface with the LabJack device. I installed the drivers and it seems to work just fine.

Oops... =/

BTW you needed to change the channels to accommodate available hardware or...?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, we certainly don't have every piece of hardware that people use with DAQFactory.  We do have LabJack's, but I didn't have one hooked up to my machine so just changed the channels to Test.

In truth, this is how Safe Mode came to be.  It allows us to open customer docs without having a bunch of errors due to wrong hardware.  Its also useful for our customers...

Archived