Logging Set Up

amswitch

Hi, I'm a new user of DAQFactory.  So far I've set up my Variable Value Components (voltage) and a graph (voltage vs. time).  Now I am trying to set up the program so that it logs the Variable Value Component data into a spreadsheet (.csv file).  Under a new Logging Set, I added my Variable Value Component (voltage) and beside "File Name" I selected an empty spreadsheet I made.  After started/stopped the logging set and open the spreadsheet, I get two columns of numbers, the second row contains the voltage data, but I don't know what the first column is (see below):

Would this be time?  How can I change this so I don't get decimal numbers?

That is Excel time which is decimal days since 1900.  If you open it in Excel and tell Excel to format the column using one of its Date/Time formats it will display in a more human readable format.

In newer releases of DAQFactory there is an option to use "Custom" time stamp, and you can put %c in so that it actually logs using a readable format, but some data analysis tools might not like this.  Note that the custom format uses the same specifiers as the formatDateTime() function.

Archived