Windows 10 iOT

cjbassman

Win IoT Enterprise is identical to Win Enterprise with a few extra things so DAQFactory should run fine on it.  We are actually investigating it as a recommended platform as many people are having issue with Win 10 and its overbearing Auto-Update. 

Win IoT Core however is really just WinCE rebranded so DAQFactory will not run on that.

Thanks, that is useful. I've written an application that is exchanging data between systems on Modbus TCP for remote I/O and yes auto-update of windows and the anti-virus is causing problems. I'm therefore looking to use a dedicated, embedded PC running W10 IoT. To stop updates for now we've disabled Internet access.

Actually as mentioned I've been doing some research on this.  Win 10-IoT is a binary equivalent to Win-10 Enterprise.  I believe really the difference relates to their licensing and the way it is distributed (through images).  Images are only worth it if you need to install a bunch of identical systems.   It appears that updates and anti-virus can be controlled by Group Policy, which is included in Win10-Pro and Enterprise.  So as long as you are running Win10-Pro you should be able to go into the group policy editor and disable these.  What is not clear is if what Microsoft considers a critical security update will override this.  I am still investigating, but I believe just having a dedicated PC running Win Pro with proper group policy settings will get you where you want to be.