Email functionality in DAQFactory Express

Guest Daniel Shapiro

Guest Daniel Shapiro

Hello,

We are trying to implement a temperature measuring setup consisting of U12 + DAQ Factory Express 5.15 There are 8 analog probes connected to the U12. I am using 8 channels to collect the data and another 8 for Volts to Fahrenheit conversion.

Ideally I want the unit to send me via email the temperature readings from a given probe if the temperature exceeds some predetermined number.

Is this functionality supported in DAQFactory express? If so how to implement it?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Email functions are not supported in DAQFactory Express, although this is easily accomplished with a higher version of DAQFactory. The cheapest version to support Email functions is DAQFactory Base which retails for $399 USD. See the following link for a list of features for each version and their respective price.

http://www.azeotech.com/dffeaturegrid.php

You mention that you use eight channels for the voltage to fahrenheit conversion. Instead of taking up channels for this conversion you could do a conversion using CONVERSIONS: under the Workspace and applying it to the appropriate channel. Or another way to do it without using up channels is to do the conversion directly in a display component.

• 8 months later...

Archived