Transferring license problem

gbcole

I have been using DAQFactory with no problems on my old computer. Today I moved the license to a new computer. When I try to load one of my programs there is a message at the bottom that reads

"unable to load LabJack.dll, check file path". It repeats this message over and over.

First I installed LabJack from the original CD (4 years old) and then I downloaded the trial version of DAQFactory on the new computer. I then transferred the license to the new computer using a floppy disk. I moved my programs over to the new computer and put them under c:/DAQFactory directory. This is also where the LabJack.dll file is located.

The new computer acts like it is looking in the wrong location for the labjack.dll file. Is there a setting that tells the DAQFactory where the labjack.dll is located?

Please let me know what I need to do to make the DAQFactory run correctly.

Thanks,

Gary

gcole@linear.com

I think the new DAQFactory program is installed in a directory onder C:\Program Files\DAQFactory...

You can try to copy the labjack.dll in this directory, that was the solution for me....

DAQFactory was installed in c:/DAQFactory directory and there is a LabJack.dll file already in that directory. I looked in the Program Files directory and there is no DAQFactory directory. It appears to me that DAQFactory is not looking in the c:/DAQFactory directory for the LabJack.dll file. Is there a setting in DAQFactory that tell it where to find LabJack.dll file?

This is actually a common question, and so we've actually changed the error message, adding "Make sure you've installed the proper driver from your hardware manufacturer" or something like that. Communicating with the LabJack consists of a number of parts:

DAQFactory -> DF Labjack Driver (labjackn.dll) -> Labjack UD (labjackud.dll) -> Low level system driver -> LabJack firmware.

Only the first two parts are included in the DAQFactory installation. The rest come from LabJack and are available from labjack.com. That said, you can get this error message three ways:

1) DAQFactory actually can't find labjackn.dll. This is very, very rare, and would only happen if you tried to manually move DAQFactory around and for some reason moved the labjackn.dds file and not the labjackn.dll file

2) You installed DAQFactory on a new machine and forgot to install the LabJack drivers (UD etc) that come from LabJack. AzeoTech does not distribute the drivers provided by LabJack (or any other manufacturer), partially for copyright reasons, and partially because we don't want to be distributing old versions. The easy fix is to simply go to Labjack.com and download the latest drivers

3) You installed a new release of DAQFactory and then used the LabJack drivers from the LabJack CD, but the CD is quite old and so are the drivers. This is probably what is happening here. The latest release of DAQFactory is built with the latest version of the LabJack UD, so if you are going to use the 5.73 of DAQFactory Express, you have to download the latest UD from Labjack.com and not use the one on the CD.

Bottom line, and this holds true with the UD -> LabJack firmware connection too: if things aren't working right, make sure and download the latest versions of everything.

Thanks for everyone's help.

The problem was that I loaded LabJack from the original CD (4 years old) and downloaded the current DAQFactory from the website. When I uninstalled both of them and reinstalled both of them from the original CD it worked.

Thanks,

Gary

Archived