Screen Capture

Hi Can you advise me how to capture my default screen so i can post it as an example on the Navitron alternitive energy site.

Thanks

Andy

Depends. Do you just want to do it once, or every so often? If only once, use Shift-PrntScrn (or maybe its Ctrl-PrtScrn, I never remember). Its the default Windows screen capture. It will put the entire desktop in the clipboard and then you can paste it to Paint or your favorite drawing program for cropping.

If you want DAQFactory to capture pages, you can use the Page.Capture() function. This function takes two parameters, the first is a string specifier containing what page you want to capture (case sensitive). The second is the path to the file. It saves it as a jpeg:

page.capture("Page_0","c:\mypage.jpg")

Note that the string specifier matches what the DAQFactory web server does, so you can do overlaid pages and cropping as well.

Also note that since this function is driven by the web server, it requires DAQFactory Standard or higher to use.

• 3 months later...

I haven't checked this recently, but the last time I used DF to create a screen cap and used DF to upload it to my FTP server, I noticed that the background color did not follow along.

Thought I should post that. :)

Yes, neither screen capture or the web server (which both use the same internal code) use the background color. If you want a background color with screen capture, create a panel control and size it to the full size of the screen, set it to your color, move it to the back and then lock it in place.

Archived