Image import issue

ccdubs

Hi,

I have DF-pro running with the USB hardware key and have an issue where I can't import images to the symbol library or create new symbol groups. I keep getting an error stating that this is not possible in Demo mode.

Any assitance is appreciated.

Not exactly sure what you mean by is DF running. DF is open and my program loaded, I'm not sure if a sequence was running at the time.

Unfortunately I won't be able to access DF until this evening to verify the other question.

Yeah, we actually license the symbol factory from another company, so its a completely different program. If DAQFactory isn't started, the symbol factory doesn't work (or thinks its a trial). Sometimes the sync between the two doesn't work and symbol factory doesn't realize that DF is running. Often this happens if you run two copies of DF and then quit one of them because when you quit it, symbol factory doesn't realize the other is still running.

Anyhow, glad it worked. In general, if all else fails, a reboot and restart fixes weirdnesses like this no matter what program you are using. Fortunately they are rare. Just FYI: reinstalling DAQFactory actually almost never helps.

Archived