Disappearing Graph Component

I left an application in RunTime mode overnight; at some point the screen power saver kicked in and blanked the display (probably not relevant). Next day on bringing the screen back up, the 2D graph on the displayed page was completely blank, though still there (clicking on component showed outline and properties were accessible). All other components on that and other pages were OK. Checking the component .visible flag it claimed to be visible (I don't hide it in script anyway). Short of closing and restarting DF I could not get a way to restore the graph; I tried adding a trace etc but to no avail; copy/pasting the graph to another page still did not show it as more than just the click-to-drag outline, or green/purple frozen indicator.

I deleted the component and made a new one, so far it hasn't happened again.

Which raises another possible issue; DF often crashes on me if I try to delete more than 1 screen component in quick succession. I have got in the habit of saving after each deletion. This is on 5.82 (and earlier versions).

Just wondered if these minor gripes are known issues ? Regards,

The disappearing graph is a new one, but could be indicative of something else happening in your system. The graphs are drawn in the idle thread priority of the OS which is why you can create a really complex graph that takes a long time to draw and not have it affect the rest of DAQFactory, or your system. However, if you have ANY other process on your system that is using up all your processor power, it will take it from the graph part. DAQFactory itself runs pretty high in the priority list, so all your other controls will draw, but the graph will never get processor power to draw. So, if it happens again, fire up Task Manager and see if you are at 100% power.

As for crashing, I have occasionally heard this problem, and it is, I believe, also related to the graphs. My recommendation is to slow down, or select multiple components and delete them in one step.

I've had some similar issues with multiple graphs on one page...Not necessarily disappearing, but issues with sliders I've made to scale the chart(s).

Sometimes I have to navigate to a different page and back for the slider "to take affect" on the graph.

Also, I've found that when I design buttons, pages, graphs, ect., I find using "Safe Mode" makes it a bit easier. :lol:

Archived