Alert when logging stops

sreedevib

Hi

I am able to logging to sql server database with out any issues. But, sometimes say after some days logging is stopping..again I have to restart the daqfactory to start logging..I am not sure why logging is stopping in between..

Is there any alert I can put ( like email or something) to know when the logging stops?

Currently, I can only know logging stops by checking the database table.

Thank you.

Depends on what causes it. Do you have the continue on error option enabled on the logging set? Does the logging set actually stop, or does logging stop? (i.e. are you looking at the database, or are you looking at DAQFactory and seeing the logging set stop.

No, I do not have continue on error option enabled on the logging set. I am looking at the database to verify data..

If I notice data is missing, I am restarting the daqfactory. After restarting, again data is logging for sometime!

If I have some kind of alert when the data is not logging that would be good. Now I have to check the database frequently whether logging or not.

Thank you

Hello sreedevib,

I have found strAlert[0] very beneficial in logging DAQ Factory alerts.

I've gone as far as making a "hidden" page where I navigate to, to view the last 10 alerts. :)

I'm pretty sure strAlert has a history of 100.

Hope this can help you find your issues!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have used StrAlert[0] in the daqfactory program.

When my database logging stops, I see a message saying "C1011 could not create table for logging. Msg: Communication link failure".

Could you please let me know how to solve this problem?

Thank you.

It just stops all the sudden? It sounds a little like the database service stopped. For example, MySQL uses a Window's service to run typically, and if this is stopped, even if you try and go through their command line tool it generates a similar error.

It is, alas, outside of DAQFactory's control.

Note that if DAQFactory can't UPDATE, it will assume the table doesn't exist first and try and create the table (even though it may actually exist). So, the UPDATE failed because of the comm link failure. DF assumed the table didn't exist, because it doesn't know otherwise, and so tried to create the table. That, of course fails with the same error, which is the one you see. So, don't get fooled by the "create table" part of the error message. Just look at the Comm Link Failure part.

Yes, it stops all the sudden. I am using Sql Server 2005 database for logging. I have to check the logging table and find out that logging was stopped. Then, I need to restart the Daqfactory to start the logging.

How to fix this communication link failure?

Thank you

Archived