DAQFactory not going into Runtime mode when passworded

AndyT

Hi,

Me again. I upgraded my DAQFactory Express that I got with LabJack to DAQFactory Starter.

Under DAQFactory Express I had set a Document Editing Password so that when I or the students loaded the document again it correctly went into Runtime Mode as explained in the manual with editing controls not available.

HOWEVER, I wanted the extra controls and screen of the Starter Edition so I have now upgraded.

DAQFactory Starter loads my old documents and I have spent hours and hours upgrading and adding bits, but now I can't get it to go into runtime mode when I put the document editing password on it.

I want to protect my nice layouts and scripts etc from out students fidling around. . . [the actual password setting in DAQFactory Starter works in that it needs me to enter the old one to change or clear it] but DAQFactory is not obeying it and going into runtime.

I read the manual and even tried the command line option -R but that did nothing either. The -F went into full screen so I guess I was putting it in the right place just before the filename of the document you want loaded.

How do I now get Runtime for my documents please?

Thanks,

Andy..

Starter doesn't support Runtimes. Express shouldn't either, but looks like we let that slip... It doesn't support runtimes because if it did, people would just buy the $45 Starter and use it in Runtime mode rather than pay the proper $99 for the runtime license. I know that's not what you are trying to do, but that is the reason.

Archived