Orphaned object

I have a symbol factory object on a page that I was adjusting for size using the extended Properties window, and it was working, but sometime during that process it became unpickable. Now I can't select it for further editing, copying, moving or deletion.

It's the goofy looking out-of-proportion tee at the upper left.

I can send a copy or excerpt of the app if needed.

post-4664-1313093979_thumb.jpg

As in Ctrl-LeftClick-Drag? Nope.

Everything else is still selectable. In fact, if I select something else and drag it past the offending tee, it drags behind the tee. If I leave it there and try selecting via RightClick or Ctrl-RightClick on the tee, or Ctrl-Window around both items, it will select the other thing but not the tee.

Much strangeness. I did that and the bad element was copied to the new page! Software breakthrough -- elements that will only select if you DON'T want them to be! However -- I had grouped everything before copying so I could get it in the same page position before exploding, and when I ungrouped, the tee was selectable and I could delete it.

So then I went back to the original page, ungrouped, and I could select it there too! Weird.

Well, I hadn't animated it in that way, but maybe the object database got corrupted in the same was as if I had. Although...after grouping and ungrouping, it still showed at the same location, yet was then selectable (IOW picking in the same location that wouldn't work before grouping and ungrouping).

Archived