Switching To Development Mode Programmatically

SteveMyres

Ok...so now that I've disabled the system menu so the operator can't shut down DAQ Factory, and put the shutdown button in a screen that requires a login with elevated privilege level to access (and you get logged out automatically), is there a way to switch programmatically back to dev mode? Right now, once having switched to Runtime Mode, I have to login as maintenance level or better, shut down DF, and then restart (restarts automagically in dev mode).

Well, the app is still in the final stages of development, so I go back and forth. If there's no way to do it programmatically, the easiest thing will be to just re-enable the system menu (disabling it was a customer request) till I'm totally done and ready to leave, then turn it back off, which is fine. I was just wondering.

Well, you can't programmatically switch to dev mode, but you can programmatically enable / disable the system menu, so why not do that from your admin page you created? You'll still have to manually switch to dev, but you won't have to keep the system menu visible for the end user.

Archived