Setting Dac0 And Dac1 On U3 Using Daqfactory

David1

I would review the DAQFactory - Labjack Quick Tutorial, or for a little more detail, the DAQFactory - LabJack application guide. Both are installed with DAQFactory. The Quick Tutorial shows a digital output, but the concept is the same for analog, just click "Analog Out" in step 17 instead of Digital Out.

• 7 months later...

I was wondering the same thing, but I note that all the GURU posts say to just read the Manual.  I have to say that it is not clear at all how to address the DAC0 and DAC1 channels and their output.  Your suggestion here to press "analog out" instead of "digital out" in the quick tutorial instructions doesn't work for me, since there is no "analog out" choice.   Only Digital In, Digital Out, PID Loop trig, and Sequence Trig.  It would be much appreciated if you could very briefly show the configuration of an Analog Out channel and the procedure to set a voltage.  Maybe I am just dense, but some more brief detail would be very helpful to me (and perhaps to others).

Thanks very much.

I'm assuming you are using a LabJack?  I say read the manual because all that you ask is in the DAQFactory LabJack application guide.  Section 3.4 explains how to create an analog output channel with step by step instructions and an actual sample document.  Section 4.6 explains how to create an on screen control to set the variable output.  

• 10 months later...

I've been trying to get the correct amps from the voltage output using an output channel.

I can get the 5 volts OK but the amps is only about 50 miliamps, and not enough to run the device I want to turn on and off

using channel outs.  The device will operate OK using VS and GND on the Labjack U3 (both low and hi voltage models) , but there the amps is > 250 miliamps.

What I want to do is set the output to 0, 5 to turn it off or on, but the amps coming from DAC0 to GND is only about 50.

5 volts sure. but not enough amps.

Is there a way around this that you can think off?  To get enough amps out of DAC 0 to GND to run the device?

Archived