Create A Simple Counter In A Text Component

I have a button, and a text component. I would like the text component to display "Total Time: 00:00" initially, and once the Start button is pressed, the time starts counting. I have a Channel called AccumTime which is setup as a test channel and counts incrementing by 1 sec.

All I need to know is the syntax for Scripting the Start Button to Start the Count

post-8954-0-31821600-1364926017_thumb.jp

post-8954-0-17150700-1364926028_thumb.jp

post-8954-0-92850300-1364926034_thumb.jp

No, actually I would like the Button to start a quick sequence that tells "component.varTotalTime.strCaption" to increment by 1 (counting indefinitely)

When 60 seconds is made Total Time 01:00 is displayed, etc...

By the way, Thank You for your assistance.

I figured how to get SYSTIME() to display in the variable component

(Do I really have to programmatically tell DF to specify what I want displayed... Say 00:00, at first and then 00:01, and 00:02...etc... dependant on the current time.)

That's really the only way I can see it working, unless there's another function out there

No, that is backwards. If you want to display time since a button was pressed do this:

1) in the button's Action, select Quick Sequence, and put:

global startTime = systime()

2) create a variable value control like I first said. For the expression put:

FormatTime(systime() - startTime)

That's it. You don't need, or want a sequence.

I don't really need the time since the button was pressed, I need the increment of pressing the button, Press Start Button and the variable text component starts counting relative to nothing more than the Start Button being pressed... irregardless of how much time has elapsed since the button was pressed

Archived