Deleting Components

I am redesigning my screen in DAQFactory light, and thus removing some variable value components, as well as simple colour blocks. I find that I cannot delete more than two in a row without the program becoming non responsive and eventually crashing. Clearly i lose a lot my data with this, so I would like to know if there is a way of deleting multiple components without having to re start the program and sometimes the computer, to achieve it.

For further info I am running windows Home Edition on a dual core PC. Running two other programs neither of which is resource hungry.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

I have also encountered this error....Not sure what it is, but at times, when I am placing/moving/deleting components, DF will randomly freeze and I have to force close the app...

Also, I have seen at times "red X's" on my components (diamond LEDS, tables, ect)...

Not sure if the trial version is causing this error, but it can be angering!

(I have also seen a blank white page, but when I mouse over components, my "clickable items" will cause my cursor to switch to the hand cursor saying they are "there" just cant see them...Maybe cause I try to develop on a machine that doesn't have my hardware connected??)

I tried my ctl on a different computer and initially I had the same problems. However, after a restart I was able to delete things as usual, and then port the ctl file back in to the original computer . Problem solved for the time being, but I really need to get to the bottom of it. I will post my ctl file as soon as I have finished some other things with it.

Best wishes

Mike

• 4 months later...

I've found that the freeze happens when I'm deleting a component and there a running graph on the same page.  I get around that by changing the page of what I want to delete and then going there and deleting.  I usually change them to the Scratch page.

Archived