Multiple Df Instances

ccdubs

I have seen the forum posts regarding running multiple instances of DF on one computer and know that it is doable. My question is, what would be the best way for one instance to communicate with the other?

I have a project where the client wants to combine two seperate installations into one, both are running almost identical versions of DF that communicate over different radio networks. If I was to try and combine both applications, I would have a serious amount of work and recommissioning to do as I would have to create whole new sets of variable names and update throughout.

Running the two applications seperately avoids this, but the client wants a single user interface so my plan was to create this HMI on one of the applications that would then be able to pass control information to the other. The amount of information to be passed will be minimal and I would probably want some form of heartbeat monitoring between the two to make sure that one or the other hasn't been shut down.

Probably the easiest is to use DAQFactory networking.  Enable broadcasting on the system that won't have the UI, then create a connection to it from the other instance of DAQFactory.  The IP will likely be 127.0.0.1, which just means the current computer. 

Archived