Disabling User Controls

SteveMyres

I have a small cluster containing a few controls (panels with actions and variable value displays, mostly).  The cluster must be repeated a variable number of times on a page.

My initial approach was to create the controls, group one cluster worth, name the group, then create enough groups for the max that will need to be shown.  Then the code that knows how many clusters to display sets the .Visible properties of the appropriate named groups to 1, and the others to 0.  That works OK.

My problem is that while the unused groups aren't visible, they're still active.  IOW, if the user clicks on the spot where the control is (but not visible), the component action is still performed, plus button states invert even though you can't see a button, etc.

Is there a way to disable the component actions?  I might actually MOVE the unused components to a location offscreen, but no other approach has occurred to me so far.

What's the cleanest way?

OK, the issue appears to be with groups.  If you make an individual component invisible, it won't respond to clicks (or anything else), but if its part of a group and you make the group invisible, then it still processes it.  This has been fixed and will be in release 5.90.9 or later.  If you need it before we publicly release 5.90.9, please email us.

Archived